Hotel Brno - Ubytování Brno

History

History of the chateau in Líšeň

The orzamek-polovina-19-stol-eniginal residence of the owners of the Líšeň domain was a fortress, though the precise date it was built is not known. A dome-shaped tower was added to the fortress in the 17th century, but was not rebuilt after being destroyed by fire in 1794. The fortress was reconstructed in the Baroque style in the 1720s by the owner of Líšeň at the time, Jan Kryštof of Freynfels. The reconstruction project was probably designed by the Viennese builder Odelt. Jan Kryštof had the Chapel of the Virgin Mary added to the chateau in 1727. The chapel was decorated with Rococo paintings; sculptural works in the chapel and park were executed by the sculptor Schweigl. Following the Freynfels the chateau was owned by the Belcredi family until the middle of the 20th century, at which point the property was confiscated as a result of the political regime change. The chateau was returned to the Belcredi family after 1989 on the basis of the restitution laws.

zamek-pred-rokem-1714-en
History of the Belcredi familyerb-belcredi

The Belcredis are an ancient family whose beginnings date back to the second half of the 13th century; Simone de Belcredo is regarded as the founder of the family. The full family name was Belcredo Montallto Pavese di Castelo. This aristocratic family came from the town of Pavia in the Lombardy region of Italy. Beginning in 1549 family members held leading positions on the town council in Pavia, and the family was one of the most distinguished in the region. Antonio Belcredi moved one branch of the family to Moravia in the middle of the 18th century. The Belcredi family was affiliated by marriage to the Lobkovic, Rohan, Welden, Fünfkirchen and Nostitz families, as well as other Czech and foreign families.


The most distinguished personalities in the Moravian branch of the Belcredi family

egbert-belcredi-en    christiana-belcredi-en    richard-belcredi-en

 

Count Egbert Belcredi (1816-1894) was regarded as the most important Moravian politician of the 19th century. At the age of 33 he held the position of Moravian regional deputy and in 1879-1891 he was the chairman of the committee for the revision of the trade office in the Austrian Parliament. He helped establish the newspaper Vaterland in Vienna, as well as numerous other dailies.

His wife, the Countess Christiana Belcredi - Nostitz - Rhyneck was known for her tireless charitable activities. She regularly contributed to welfare institutes on her estates and in the city of Brno; each Friday she provided the newly arriving poor and infirm food from the chateau kitchen.

Count Richard Belcredi (1823-1895) was characterized by his opponents as an Italian count with a German education and a Czech mentality. In 1865 he became prime minister and also served as the minister of the interior, police, culture and education. In 1881 he was appointed by the emperor as the president of the Austrian Administrative Court in Vienna and received the Order of the Golden Fleece for his numerous accomplishments.

 

Tvorba webových stránek, optimalizace | SPWEB